“Say I Do in TNQ” Wedding Expos (formally Save the Date Wedding Expos) offer all couples from Cairns, Port Douglas, the Atherton Tablelands, interstate and overseas the opportunity to come see the finest local suppliers our magnificent region has to offer in the wedding industry.
We are dedicated to growing our local wedding industry while raising funds for those in our community who need a helping hand.
When & Where
The next event will be held on Sunday, 13th March 2022 at the Shangri-La Hotel Cairns from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Entry is only available via the Pier Shopping Complex where wedding vehicle hire, Mobile Bars/Caravan hire as well as and Mobile Catering will be on display before entering the main exhibit via the lift, or the stairs on the mezzanine level.
At present (November 2020) COVID regulations allow only those who are vaccinated to attend the expo to enter the main exhibit at one time, We will continue to monitor government rules to ensure we’re following rules and guidelines.
Online Visitor Registration
We will have an online visitor registration with time slots so that couples along with their attendees can obtain VIP Entry.
Enquiries can be directed to:
Charity Hinchliffe, Event Director
p. 0455 741 338
There will be space for over 90 exhibitions in the main exhibit hall of the Shagari-La, as well as 6 Car/Mobile Bar/Catering spaces available in the Pier Shopping Complex located next to the lift/stairs that attendees need to use to gain access to the main exhibit area.
Space and Set up Information
- Backdrop etc, you are allowed to provide your own freestanding banners, easels, etc as long as they fit into your allocated space. You may not encroach on another exhibitor’s space. There is ample room for one banner/easel per exhibitor in the small and standard exhibits. Larger exhibits are able to unitise their space to their requirements. (View large Spaces)
No pull up banners are to be placed on tables due to safety concerns. Please remember to respect your fellow exhibitors.
- Bump In/Bump Out – Exhibitors are encouraged to set up Saturday, 12th March 2022 – 10am to 3pm. Entry for the main exhibit is via the hotel loading dock located next to the underground car park. There will be limited trolleys available, so please provide your own if possible. If using the loading doc you must unpack and move your vehicle straight away to make space available for other vendors.
Click here to book your loading time slot
- Show Ready – Access 7am on Sunday 13th March 2022 ALL Exhibitor Spaces are to be ready and all cars moved offsite by 9:30 am.
- Power is available for an additional cost $45 – please ensure you advise if you do require power at your site. All personal electrical items such as monitors, AV etc, which require power must be tested & tagged within the last 12 months.
- Additional hire:
Trestle Table $15. each
Linen $10. each
Lunch is an additional fee of $20 and is catered to and delivered to your stall by Shangri-La staff.
- Pastrami, sauerkraut, pickles, Swiss cheese & American mustard brioche roll, plus a bottle of water
- Individual caesar salad (V -GF), & bottle of water
Free advertising will be utilised wherever possible, but we rely on you to help us spread the word! We will be providing you with logos and blurbs to share on your social media so please share and share some more! On our end we will be focusing on social media, signage around the city, radio, and print to build momentum! Remember to tell your clients to attend!
Gift Bags will be provided to the first 250 couples. We encourage all vendors to connect with the attendees by delivering your material directly to your audience. We offer the exhibitors the opportunity to place inserts in the bags for $75.
We offer vendors who are attending an additional way of making sure they get their business noticed by placing their advertising material in our gift bag for a fee of $75 per 250 brochures.
Those not attending but would like their advertising material placed in the bridal bags $150 for 250 brochures. (magazines incur extra costs price on application)
2 Days to drop off with docket attached clink link (if not then we cannot take responsibility for your advertising material)
Direct Debit to:
Say I Do In TNQ
Acc: 1036 1083
Ref: Your Business Name
Our Ref: Invoice Number
Say I Do In TNQ can offer a payment plan to suit your needs. Ezypay can be set up for d/debits from your account, weekly, fortnightly or monthly, whatever suits you. Your exhibitor space fees must be paid in full one week prior to the expo. If you choose to use this option fees apply as follows:
Each D/Debit transaction is charged at 1.69% + 44c.
*The transaction rate applies to the bank account or credit card (MasterCard / Visa) transaction used.
Missed payments will incur a dishonour fee of $14.90 (excluding GST) your payment will be rescheduled three days after the due date, and continue until otherwise notified by the vendor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org,au to request a payment plan option.
Please supply your Bank Name, BSB, Acc # and when you would like this to start and your option of weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Donations are a great way to bring couples to the expo.
The bigger the prize the more couples will attend. Please consider donating a prize to help make this expo a success.
What Do You Get
In return any vendor donating items/goods/services over $100 will be given the VIP Registry listing on the Say I Do In TNQ directory as well as receiving extra social media throughout the year on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Donation value up to from $100 – $199 – Featured vendor listing in one category, 1 extra social media post on Say I Do In TNQ and social media sites for our sister website.
- Donation value from $200 to $499 – Featured vendor listing in one category, 2 extra social media post on Say I Do In TNQ and social media sites for our sister website.
- Donation value from $500+ – Featured vendor listing in one category, 3 extra social media post on Say I Do In TNQ and social media sites for our sister website, listed in blog on our websites and by email to subscribed couples. Custom blog just for you on our website and sister site which is also emailed to our subscribers.
Additional Advertising Opportunities
A sister site called Wedding Connect which is in its final stages of development will go live soon.
You will listed in the directory free and will be invited to advertise in the Connect and Quote section of the website.
More information will be sent in the near future.